Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Back to School?

Maybe.
As one of my handful of readers, you know I have no practical knowledge of the inner workings of any automobile.  If you were to take a look at the car I drive -my darling little green 2000 Chevy Cavalier (affectionately known as The Green Monster, or sometimes The Stagecoach)- you would see I don't spend much time cleaning it.  Each time I take it in for servicing or inspections, I gather up all the trash and throw it in whatever might serve well as a trash bag.  I have not one, but two reusable grocery-type bags that are full of clothes.  Not to give away, but 'just in case'.  This is a direct result of spending many days with my grandmother, who could never be prepared enough for any situation.  This time of year, you'll also find two extra hats, two extra pairs of mittens/gloves, and a pair of snow pants added to the collection.  You may wonder why a person would think these things might actually be needed, but more than once in my young life I had to 'get out and push' in the winter...I'll take it from Grandma and just be prepared!

So what does any of that have to do with school?  Nothing really, I just have a nasty habit of going off on silly tangents...you're welcome.

But there is a reason I bring up school.  I'm tempted to take an adult education class in Basic Auto Repair.
There's a class offered at a local Tech School and the class time would actually fit right into my schedule.  Hubby would be playing poker at the time the class is running.  It's just 8 weeks.  It's pretty reasonably priced (only slightly more than I just paid to have my rear brakes replaced).

Ah! Windows open!
I don't know that having more smarts about car repair would keep me away from my regular mechanics (there is one who has a crush on me, after all!), but I don't like being so 'in the dark' with Spring quickly approaching.  I want to get at that Barracuda when the weather changes.  And this class will coincide with the weather change quite nicely.

Well, it's something to think about.  I'm certainly not lacking support from friends and family!  It's all up to me and what kind of guts I have to take a class I am pretty sure I will be the only girl in.  Not only that, but probably the only person who would need a vocabulary lesson, as well!  If only my sister would've remained interested enough to take the class with me.  Oh well, as always, I live and learn...time to move on.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea, even if your sister isn't as involved as you would have hoped. If you r'e committed to getting your Barracuda back on the road, then do it for yourself.

    Go For It!

    ReplyDelete