Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let's see...where did I leave off?

(Not sure how this post will go.  Flying by the seat of my pants, using pictures from Dan's phone.  Not entirely sure of his process, but you welders/pre-fabbers may know?)

If you've been following along, and can remember what happened last time Dan and I got our grubby little hands on the 'Cuda, you know that we disassembled the entire back end/axle.  The rear axle is in my shed (which I cleaned out a couple days ago, having just one mouse jump out at me and nearly land on my head); the drum brakes are in pieces, in a box in the trunk; the gas tank is still just hiding under the front of the car; Dan took the old springs to where he works, to get rid of them; and, the beast is now up on 6 jack stands.
The leaf springs were shot, but we knew that.  We have new ones, that our dad bought when the car was originally purchased...when it was going to be loved...before our human lives caused the machine's life to take a turn for the worse.  We had to cut the springs off, and Dan was going to make new brackets...and he did.
Old bracket, I think?
The process...
Drilling holes and stuff....clamps...welding...

 The new....
...and side by side.
I had nothing to do with any of that.  It was all done by my brother, at his place of business.  Saving money...it's what I'm all about with this project now.
Still not over the tire fiasco!
I need new rims.  I have 4 cheap tires in my shed now.  

I did invest in an inexpensive car cover.  The 'Cuda's new 'parking spot' is under a tree that is dropping all sorts of debris on it.  It looks a little less trashy with the cover...but, I still know what's under there.  A heap of metal that needs so much love and attention, I just hope I have enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment