Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Toys

Okay...
It's late in the day to be posting, I know.  My usual posts are first thing in the morning, but I slept in today!  I stayed up late last night.  I took advantage of not having class this week.  Pardon me, while I remind everyone that I'm a girl...Hubby was out playing poker, I had the house to myself, and I had ice cream for dinner while I watched Hell's Kitchen.  Picture perfect!

So, what to blog about...?

I actually planned to take some pictures of the car today and do a nice picture post.  Instead, I've been watching roller derby videos on YouTube, working out, and just enjoying my day off being lazy.

Instead, you get a lame post about my new toy.  Well, it's not really mine...it's my brother's.  When Dad passed away, of course the tools all went to the one son.  I'm fine with that.  He will definitely use them more over the span of the rest of our lives.

I had no idea they made electric versions of these!
I'm sure you all lost sleep when you heard about all the trouble I was having trying to get the tires off the Barracuda.  Well, Brother Dan brought Dad's old electric impact wrench to try.  He has left it with me in case I need it again.
I have to say that the best thing about this old car is how it has really brought me and my brother a little bit closer.  I can see that he is happy to be able to help me.
He said at one point that he thought it was great that I was taking this class.  I told him I was glad because now, if I had to call and ask about something, he could tell me over the phone and there was a better chance I'd actually know what he was talking about.  Then he remarked that it was just like when he would call Dad about something, 'just to make sure' that he was on the right track.  I could tell he would be happy if I called with a question.  I could tell that he is happy to be helping me.  I am happy knowing he can do the body work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment