Saturday, November 21, 2015

wow!

My last post was june...2013!!
Well, I'd like to say that I've gotten so much work done in the past year and a half and that it's nearly finished.
Sadly, it's just been sitting out in the driveway. 
I was able to get a portable car port assembled over it, however, with the help of my mom.
If you remember, or if there's actually anyone out there that has read any of my past posts, it's been quite a depressing journey, so far.
Recap:
start project with dad. dad's health fades fast. sister and I decide we still want to attempt this restore. Dad passes away, after agreeing to leave us the car in his will. sister buys house and car gets moved from dad's to hers to mine over the span of a few months. brother helps out...but also gets sick and can no longer make the trip to my house to help me. life happens and there's no money to fix the car. waiting for money from a lawsuit (from when dad was still alive!), my share is earmarked for the car. sister backs out, eventually saying she'll just sign the car over to me. money finally comes in!
and that's about where we are now.

So, i finally have some money to sink into this project and i'm pretty much left to it. alone.
but i have car friends. and they have ALL offered their skills and knowledge and help.
I don't do well accepting help. it's very odd and awkward for me. but i know nothing and one of my friends is more persistent than i am resistant, so we've made some progress.
Pat has looked over the car.
Prognosis: worth saving
Stage one: brush the surface rust and apply a rust protection product
So that's what i've been doing. slowly, but surely, i am doing what i can in this november weather. it has been much warmer than normal, i think, so i'm getting it done.
I've cleaned out my shed to make room to try to work on the back axle and differential over the winter.
Homework: to scour Barracuda forums and try to find parts, this winter.
So i'll get back at this blog, too, to keep me going...and honest about the work.
here are some newer pics of what i'm dealing with right now.
Rust. so much rust.

before and afters
 (i'm gonna be going over it again. looks like i missed some. still working on getting my glasses and mask to work together with my breathing)

more before and afters...years of crud!

No comments:

Post a Comment